Dependence

For so long I’ve wanted my body to disappear
I was so ashamed
so insecure.
I just wanted to be invisible.

I was worried sick someone might hear my thighs rubbing together.
I was scared people would stare if they saw me walking by.
I didn’t want my shoes, my steps to make any sound.
I wanted to be invisible
and inaudible.

For so long my mind was screaming at me
Anxious about leaving the house
anxious about being seen.
I just wanted to disappear.

It took me longer than I’m willing to admit
to see that I am supposed to take up space
to be seen and heard.
May my body make as much noise
may my clothes not perfectly fit.

I need to accept my flaws
I need to embrace myself.
Let people stare even if they might not
Uncertainty is made by voices in your head
shut them up and dance in silence.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

body dysmorphia

the success.

Broken smile